Petabridge does .NET open source software. One of the great things that’s happening in .NET-land right now is that scores of developers from traditionally more conservative, pure Microsoft stack companies are starting to become not just users of open source software, but also contributors!
Since lots of .NET developers are new to Github, having been previously raised on a steady diet of Perforce and Team Foundation Server, I put this video together illustrating how to do all of the Github workflows used by most major .NET OSS projects.
The video covers:
- Forking and cloning Github repositories;
- Working with branches and making commits;
- Using multiple remote repositories;
- Pushing changes to a fork and sending a pull request;
- Fetching changes from the central “main” repository; and
- Squashing multiple commits into a single commit with interactive rebase.
Let us know in the comments if you found this to be helpful!If you liked this post, you can share it with your followers or follow us on Twitter!
Upcoming Petabridge Live Akka.NET Webinar Trainings
Get up to speed on the leading edge of large-scale .NET development with the Petabridge team. Each training is done remotely via webinar, lasts four hours, and will save you weeks of trial and error.