The release of Akka.NET 1.0 marked the delivery of the project’s first major milestone and enabled us to commit to preserving long-term APIs for the foreseeable future.
The core Akka.NET team and I have put together a rough roadmap that outlines our development priorities for the next 12-18 months. Our chief objective is to build out all of Akka.NET’s high availability (HA) components and release them.
Here’s what the roadmap looks like in release order:
- Akka.NET v1.1 - full release of Akka.Cluster
- Helios 2.0 & Akka.NET v1.x - add TLS/SSL support to Akka.Remote and improved performance of networked actor systems. Can be released independently of other changes. Learn more about Helios 2.0.
- Akka.NET v1.2 - full release of Akka.Persistence with SQL Server, Windows Azure, and filesystem support built in.
- Akka.NET v1.3 - full release of Akka.ClusterSharding.
- Akka.NET v1.x - add support for Akka.IO, Akka.ClusterClient. Can happen independently of other changes.
- Akka.NET v1.4 - release of Akka.Streams and the initial Reactive Streams specification for .NET.
If you’re not sure what the names of these modules refer to then ask in our Gitter chat!
All of these represent major projects that are currently underway on the Akka.NET project itself. These priorities may change as new things occur in the .NET and Akka ecosystems, but for the time being these are the milestones we’ve committed to based on discussions with end-users.
We’re looking forward to having another great year and working with our contributors to deliver more new modules and tools for you to use! So make sure you follow the Akka.NET project on GitHub and get the latest changes!If you liked this post, you can share it with your followers or follow us on Twitter!
Upcoming Petabridge Live Akka.NET Webinar Trainings
Get up to speed on the bleeding edge of large-scale .NET development with the Petabridge team. Each training is done remotely via webinar, lasts four hours, and will save you weeks of trial and error.
|Course||US/EU Dates||Asia / Australia Dates|
|Akka.NET Application Architecture and Design Patterns|
|Building Networked .NET Applications with Akka.Remote|
|.NET Distributed Systems Architecture and Design with Akka.Cluster|